Honey Cake

Diane Lane

I've had my eye on this recipe for quite a while, but wasn't sure about using the two types of flour. I didn't want to buy whole wheat flour, because they only way my local grocery store sells it is in 5 pound bags, which I'd probably never use up. I ended up just using 2 cups of white all purpose flour, and it turned out just fine. I also used slivered almonds, because I didn't have sliced ones, although the sliced definitely look prettier in their picture.

I made the cake this morning, and it's delicious. It's somewhat dense, so it would travel well, and would make a great snack/dessert to take on a road or camping trip. Also, my oven isn't the greatest, so I cooked it for 40-45 minutes, rather than 50-55, and it continued to cook for a few minutes after I removed it from the oven, so I think that would be sufficient for most ovens. Hint: hold the powdered sugar sifter tightly in your paw, so you don't drop it the way I did.

Here's the link to the recipe, it's from the King Arthur Flour company, and I'm attaching a small pic, so y'all can see how mine came out. It would be particularly amazing with hot tea.

Attachments

L_B

Oh wow that looks really good. I prefer a cake that is dense over something light and fluffy. I may have to give this a try. I amake always looking for new dessert ideas. Thanks for sharing this great recipe with us.

L_B

I also follow kingarthurflour.com. sometimes they have really easy and delicious recipes.
I have never heard of this site before either but I am definitely going to check it out because I am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Diane Lane

I have never heard of this site before either but I am definitely going to check it out because I am always looking for new ideas. Thanks for sharing this! :)
I follow them on Instagram, and they post the most delicious looking desserts! I really need to get some ink for my printer, because I want to send this recipe to my mom. I was telling her about it and she's interested to try making it for herself. I'd handwrite it, but she wouldn't be able to read it, and misinterpret the recipe, and that wouldn't be good!