Ham and Pineapple Kabobs

F

FireBrick

Last Sunday, I went to my cousin's place and celebrated Easter there. The weather was nice, so we spent some time in the backyard grilling. We tried this ham and pineapple kabobs recipe. In a bowl, mix brown sugar and vinegar. Thread ham and pineapple cubes onto skewers. Baste kabobs with the sugar-vinegar mixture then grill.

C

Caryn

This recipe sounds really good. I have made all kinds of different kabobs but I never thought about ham and pineapple kabobs. I love the idea. I am always looking for something different to make and this is something that I will be trying this week. The marinade sounds really good too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful sounding recipe.

D

dissn_it

Now that's a great way to grill ham. I have never thought of putting ham and pineapple kabobs together before for grilling. We have tried to BBQ a ham shank before but it came out way too dry so I have not really wanted to grill ham again. I think this is a great way to do it and will have to give your BBQ ham & pineapple kobobs a try. Thanks!

O

ohiotom76

That's a great idea, never would have thought to do that. And the other good thing, is they would cook up really fast too. I bet you could probably even try basting them with Apricot preserves instead of the brown sugar mixture as well.

B

beckyv1265

I love any pork with pineapple. lol That really sounds great. I have not tried it with ham but I have with pork.

L

LoveToGrill

I'll have to give this a try myself. always add a little pineapple to my ham when I cook it but have never thought to do this on the grill.

S

shaun

My favorite pizza growing up was ham and pineapple. I also liked cheese and pineapple on a stick, haha. The salty and savory flavor of the meat combines well with the sweet pineapple.

This is a good idea. I wouldn't bother with the vinegar and sugar, though, I don't think it is needed.

J

Jessi

I absolutely love the combination of ham and pineapple. We make full hams with pineapples attached in the winter time, and in the summer, we make pizzas with ham and pineapple toppings. Kabobs with that same delicious pairing would be great. I could even see it working as a breakfast recipe.