Grilled potato skins

JJLane

Scoop out potatoes. I leave a quarter inch of potato in the skin. Brush the inside of potatoes with oil and bake skin side up until lightly browned. Remove to a plate and let cool a little. I spread a thin layer of cream cheese and then add crumbled bacon and cheddar. Return to grill and place on indirect heat while you are grilling your meat. This will melt the cheese and once it is melted remove from the grill.

ohiotom76

I love these things, and haven't made them in ages. They are so decadent but it's so worth it, lol.

I think it might be a little easier to bake the potatoes first though, then cut them in half and scoop out some of the filling, rather than try to scoop out a raw potato. I've never tried that but it seems like it would be a bit of a pain.

A restaurant I used to work at that sold these would take the potato skins and deep fry them first until crispy, then add the toppings and throw them under the broiler until they were bubbly.

jneanz

That sounds good. It reminds me of a stuffed jalapeno recipe that used those same fillings. What did you do with the extra potatoes. Back when I had a backyard grill, I would put on a few whole potatoes after the meat finished cooking. Then I would chop it up with bacon bits, onions and ranch dressing to make a crazy smoked potato salad.

L_B

I love potato skins. I actually made some last weekend in the oven though. The grill is pretty put away until the Spring now. They were very tasty. It was the first time I ever made them but I had ordered them at restaurants many times.