Grilled Pork Chops In A Spicy Pepper & Onion Sauce

ohiotom76

This is so simple, it's not much of a recipe per se, but a quick shortcut I use when I want something quick and easy for dinner and I don't feel like fussing around measuring a bunch of different spices, or chopping a bunch of vegetables to make a sauce from scratch.

The two stars of the show are:

and...

and some frozen peppers and onions, any brand...

Brush your pork chops with some vegetable oil and season with the Garlic Pepper Seasoning blend and throw them on the grill. I like this stuff because it's got a good ratio of each of the ingredients along with a little bit of sugar which does wonders for browning and grill marks, as well as balancing out the salt. It just takes the guesswork out of eyeballing your seasonings when you are in a hurry.

Meanwhile saute your peppers and onions with a little vegetable oil in a skillet until they get a bit of char on them, then pour in the sauce and let it all simmer until the sauce reduces a bit and thickens.

Let the meat rest when it comes off the grill and top with the pepper and onion sauce.

L_B

This sounds really quite good and very tasty. Sometimes you need the fast, easy recipes on those busy days or even if you are having guests over and you don't want to spend the whole time cooking. This a a great idea. I can't wait to try it! :)

castiron

This is so simple, it's not much of a recipe per se, but a quick shortcut I use when I want something quick and easy for dinner and I don't feel like fussing around measuring a bunch of different spices, or chopping a bunch of vegetables to make a sauce from scratch.

The two stars of the show are:

and...

and some frozen peppers and onions, any brand...

Brush your pork chops with some vegetable oil and season with the Garlic Pepper Seasoning blend and throw them on the grill. I like this stuff because it's got a good ratio of each of the ingredients along with a little bit of sugar which does wonders for browning and grill marks, as well as balancing out the salt. It just takes the guesswork out of eyeballing your seasonings when you are in a hurry.

Meanwhile saute your peppers and onions with a little vegetable oil in a skillet until they get a bit of char on them, then pour in the sauce and let it all simmer until the sauce reduces a bit and thickens.

Let the meat rest when it comes off the grill and top with the pepper and onion sauce.
Your method for no prep of vegetable is a good idea. I could use this for foundation of other meals also. Momma had used large pieces of peppers and onion in her meat loaf. I like the pork chops over using sausages, the seasoning in sausages for sandwiches don't agree with me. I like garlic and black pepper. Simple recipes are what I have been looking for. A few ingredients and great flavor. Thank you for this idea.