Grilled Grilled cabbage

Gail

I have had cabbage cooked many ways, but I have never had it grilled until this weekend. I was pretty skeptical to say the least, but it turned out so well I had to ask our host for the recipe. This couldn't be any easier!

1 large head cabbage
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, plus

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat grill for medium heat.

Cut the cabbage into 8 wedges, and remove the core. Place all the wedges on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the cabbage. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Seal cabbage in the foil.

Grill for 30 to 40 minutes on the preheated grill, until tender.

ribz

This sounds so simple yet tasty. I love cabbage but I have never had it grilled either. What did you have with the cabbage? We usually have ham and potatoes.

L_B

I really like this idea. I have had fried cabbage but never grilled. I can't wait to try this out.

tiewunon

Grilled cabbage a few times and have smoked it also,

Did the grilled cabbage as explained above added a few more spices Cavender's Greek and a Cajun spice we also had laying around. Additionally added peeled potato's and onions to the mix came out good.

smokinhog

This does sound good. Have you all ever roasted cabbage rounds in the oven? I understand that's pretty good too. Same seasonings but preceded by a brush of olive oil. Both are good ways to eat cabbage.

Diane Lane

I just ran across this recipe and was going to post it when I saw this. I'm looking forward to trying it, and I'll try the oven version, as well. I love cabbage, and it's good to know there are some variations to just boiling it. I just saw one earlier where it's chopped up into pretty small pieces and cooked in butter and chicken broth, and that sounds delicious, too.