Grilled asparagus

Tessa

We tried this the other night, and it was amazing! We wrapped the asparagus with garlic, butter, and a little lemon juice and grilled it. Turned out fantastic, and had a surprisingly different taste compared to pan fried or oven baked. Definitely recommend it.

pennylane

I love asparagus on the grill. It does add a great flavor. I usually toss mine in olive oil and sprinkle salt and a little garlic powder on. Ground pepper when its done. Ill put some lemon on next time.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I will grill it with a little olive oil and parmesan on it or wrapped in bacon. Both great ways. Will try your way though next time it goes on sale.

Canbeef

Do you cook the asparagus in foil or one of those pans for small vegetables? I'd love to try this. How long does it take to cook to tender?

Cappy

We grill ours on a flat pan so it can get the flavors from the grill. On the hot side it dont take but 15 to 30 minutes. Check them every ten and give the pan a shake rolling them about. We like them to bend wen ya pick them mostly cooked retaining a light crunch.
When using them as a side put them on late.
When using them as an appetizer We start every thing at the same time and pull them for munching.

Canbeef

That looks really good cappy! Is that paprika or chili on your asparagus with the pieces of butter? I like my asparagus with a bit of a crunch too.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Bah, the wife just had me do this Saturday with some turkey bacon wrapped around them. Should have taken pictures but I forgot.