Grill Needs TLC!

Roderick Byars

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a grill from a friend who was moving and no longer needed it. Anybody here have experience with restorations and wouldn't mind giving a few tips/pointers on how to take on this project.

Thanks in Advance.

Grill.jpg

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I have had some rust and some minor "restoration" on my offset. What I did was take it apart, sand it down, used some high heat grill paint from home depot, stained the wood, sealed the wood and then put it back together. Came out pretty good. Sadly about two months later the cover just sort of fall apart and I haven't had a chance to pick up another.

L_B

So how did the restoration go? If you are done I would love to see pictures of it.

Happyhoney

Sounds like you have this under control with Jason's suggestions. Hope all goes well and will look forward to the pictures. It's always good to take on and be successful with a project. :)

L_B

Anxiously awaiting for the photos. I am sure that it turned out great. It will be interesting to see a before and after picture to do the comparison. :)

Cappy

Looking really good you are off to a good start. A sugestion would be to buy or scrounge up some sheet metal and bend it to fit the bottom of the pit making a fire pan This would greatly increase teh life of the bottom of your pit.