Grill Needs TLC!

Discussion in 'BBQ and Grill Photos' started by Roderick Byars, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Roderick Byars

Roderick Byars New Member

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a grill from a friend who was moving and no longer needed it. Anybody here have experience with restorations and wouldn't mind giving a few tips/pointers on how to take on this project.

Thanks in Advance.

Grill.jpg
  2. Roderick Byars

This is my first project of this type so I'm really excited but also really inexperienced so all help is appreciated.
  3. jason

jason Nec timeo, nec sperno Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have had some rust and some minor "restoration" on my offset. What I did was take it apart, sand it down, used some high heat grill paint from home depot, stained the wood, sealed the wood and then put it back together. Came out pretty good. Sadly about two months later the cover just sort of fall apart and I haven't had a chance to pick up another.
  4. Roderick Byars

cool. Thanks very much
  5. L_B

L_B Active Member

So how did the restoration go? If you are done I would love to see pictures of it.
  6. Roderick Byars

I still haven't completed it but am close. when i do complete it i will post pics
  7. Happyhoney

Happyhoney New Member

Sounds like you have this under control with Jason's suggestions. Hope all goes well and will look forward to the pictures. It's always good to take on and be successful with a project. :)
  8. L_B

L_B Active Member

Anxiously awaiting for the photos. I am sure that it turned out great. It will be interesting to see a before and after picture to do the comparison. :)
  9. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

That is looking really great, good job, now it's just time to enjoy it. ;)
  10. Roderick Byars

Sorry for the delay. Got super busy but here's pics of the somewhat finished product. still have to add a shelf though

Attached Files:

jason and oportosanto like this.
  11. Cappy

Cappy Active Member

Looking really good you are off to a good start. A sugestion would be to buy or scrounge up some sheet metal and bend it to fit the bottom of the pit making a fire pan This would greatly increase teh life of the bottom of your pit.
  12. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Gotta love that and we can always make small adjustments.