Grilled Greek Chicken

R

R. Paradon

Quarter a chicken.

Make a marinade of:
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
a few chopped finely garlic cloves
Juice of two lemons
a few sprigs of frest thyme - use can use the dried out of the jar but it is always best to use fresh in this dish.
Salt and ground pepper

Either let the chicken sit in the marinade for an hour or two or brush on the sauce and toss it on the grill.

D

dashboardc33

Sounds wonderful! I am always looking for new marinades for my chicken. I usually use bread crumbs or prepackaged marinade when I make chicken. It probably isn't the healthiest and I am always looking for new marinades I can make by myself. Thanks for this recipe!

J

Jessi

Oh yum, that sounds delicious. I love the combination of thyme and lemons. It seems simple enough, too, so nothing complicated or time consuming.... just the way I like it.

O

ohiotom76

I love Greek chicken. There's a couple of restaurants in my neck of the woods that do a Greek Fried Chicken which is fantastic. It's similar to this recipe, except they use Oregano instead of Thyme. The breading has a little corn meal mixed into it as well. They deep fry it, and it comes out very crunchy. You can really taste the garlic, corn, oregano, and a hint of lemon in it.

R

R. Paradon

I love Greek chicken. There's a couple of restaurants in my neck of the woods that do a Greek Fried Chicken which is fantastic. It's similar to this recipe, except they use Oregano instead of Thyme. The breading has a little corn meal mixed into it as well. They deep fry it, and it comes out very crunchy. You can really taste the garlic, corn, oregano, and a hint of lemon in it.
Sounds like a fun dish! I would fix it right now but my kitchen looks like a disaster! Going to cook some Mexican food in a day or two so I have been making tortillas all day long. Not anything earth shaking but I can make a mess out of a solo egg shell!

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Slightly off topic but I made a breading using corn bread mix the other day. Really seemed to make a much better crust and gave it a nice flavor I think. But I did more of a pork chop style meat.