favorite storebought bbq sauce?

Cappy

Jack Millers, I like a chunky sauce. I seldom buy sauce though and even when I buy Jack's I sweeten with cane syrup and add cajun seasoning.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
I buy Sweet Baby Rays because it often goes BOGO here. Sticky Fingers is another I'll pick up if the price is right.

Reactions: MLU

rhonda farley

I always buy whatever kind of Honey BBQ Sauce from the grocery store. The honey bbq sauce is perfect for whatever that is being grilled.

jneanz

It's a tie between Bullseye Texas style and Famous Mikes. Though Kraft is at the bottom of the sauce chain, they used to have a Cajun flavor that brought new life to buffalo wings from Ralph's/Kroger's deli. Don't care much for buffalo wings but that mix of sweet and heat is out of this world!

BBQteabwoi

Sometimes I try to make my own BBQ sauce but whenever I don't, I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle Sauce. Whenever I use that sauce it just gives the taste of my chicken the type that I am looking for.

DDavies

Sweet Baby Ray's. I usually add to it. I bought some off-brand from either Save-A-Lot or Aldi's a few years ago that was absolutely phenomenal. I can't for the life of me remember the name. When I am in one of those stores, I buy whatever off-brands they have now in hope of finding that sauce again. It was that good.

Reactions: MLU

ohiotom76

Save-A-Lot actually has several variations of their store brand BBQ sauces, which I've been meaning to try. They have a basic one that looks like it's a knockoff of plain old Kraft BBQ sauce and is only 99 cents a bottle, then they have some specialty ones that are about $1.75 a bottle.

My go to sauce is usually the Stubbs BBQ sauce. I like that it doesn't have corn syrup. It has some texture to it as well, like a home made sauce, and it's made with real sugar. Plus it's got a nice peppery heat to it.

Jessi

I often just buy cheap, generic brand barbecue sauce and then dress it up to my own tastes.

The above, Garland Jack's, is actually one of my favorites that I don't have to tweak, though. I'd never heard of it before and happened to try it while it was on sale. Now I have bought it several times since then.

SmrtGuy

I wish I had some awesome secret sauce to tell you about. I have tried boatloads of store brand sauce and like a great deal of them. I also do what Jason does and frequently just buy whats on sale. My go to brand is KC Masterpiece Original recipe because it is pretty close to my homemade and does great for adding rich tasty lacquer on the grill. However, if you are going for a more vinegar tasting North Carolina style you absolutely must make it yourself.

I am diabetic so most store bought sauces have to much sugar for me to be able to use them. However, at Costco I cam across a Paula Dean barbque sauce that was sugar free and I really like it. Unfortunatly, it was apparently a one time thing since I have not seen it there again. I am thankful I bought 10 bottles of it!

grilling247

I like Sweet Baby Ray's and Cattleman's. I'll also use Kraft but only if it's only sale; otherwise I really like the flavors of the first two a lot better.

Missfortune81

I used to like the Sticky Fingers yellow barbecue sauce, but I avoid high fructose corn syrup now. I think Stubb's is the best store-bought barbecue sauce. I want to try the Trader Joe's barbecue sauce, eventually. They have that yellow barbecue sauce that I absolutely LOVE.

MLU

Sweet Baby Ray's and it's not even close. I made my own until I tried SBR which was pretty damn close bit thicker. I have made some good sauce using dill pickle juice as the base instead of vinegar, but I do t always have it around so tough to make it that way consistently.

L_B

I like Diana's BBQ. There are so many different flavors depending on what you are using it for. We usually make up our own though. A little bit of this and a little bit of that..lol..and it turns out wonderful. It is usually different each time depending on what we have on hand but it is always good!

tiewunon

I had been in the Sweet Baby Rays corner for quite a while. Recently found Mississippi Brand Sauces. They all are very good but their Sweet Apple flavor has become my new gold standard.

Butterflygirl2

I have tried lots of barbeque sauces, but our family favorite has to be Sweet Baby Rays sauce. We have tried all of the flavors and they are all good in our opinion. We especially love it on chicken and pork loin. Keep it on the table as a slopping sauce and it is very good.

L_B

I have never heard of Sweet Baby Rays so I am.assuming that they are not available in this area. I will have to go online and check and see if I can order it. I would really like to give it a try.

I like both Sweet Baby Ray's and Famous Daves. Tony Roma also has a nice sauce. However I am gathering up various recepies to fashion my own sauce to suit me. I like a lot of brown sugar along with a touch of heat from cayenne or chili powders and I know I will probably get it right eventually.