Easy Quesadillas

Thyme2

My son loves quesadillas as a snack, so I make him one that is really easy. I buy chicken strips for their lunches so there are always some on hand. I will put a thin layer of cream cheese on half of a large tortilla, then add chicken strips, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese. I fry it quickly until cheese melts. Then serve it with sour cream.

rayne

That does sound good Thyme2. We just use flour tortillas, shredded Mexican Cheese Blend and fresh sliced jalapenos. Put another flour tortilla on top, pop it in the microwave and slice it like a pizza. Toppings of sour cream and salsa are always on hand. It's a quick and easy snack or meal if you're in a rush.

ber4

Yum! We have a quesadilla maker. It takes five minutes to warm up and five minutes to cook. We put tomatoes, chicken, cheese, mushrooms and sour cream on them.

hotcoals

I just use a skillet. I can't see getting another gadget just for quesadillas. I never tried them with cream cheese. I'll have to try that next time. I made them the other day using leftover chicken and taco cheese.

Hilt

That is pretty quick and it tends to always be about the supplies when you want a quick meal, even for a snack. We love quesadillas in the house too and the kids almost always want one at least once a week. We go through many supplies!

Thyme2

That is pretty quick and it tends to always be about the supplies when you want a quick meal, even for a snack. We love quesadillas in the house too and the kids almost always want one at least once a week. We go through many supplies!
I can sympathize about the supplies. We go through so much cheese and milk in our house we should really raise a cow and make our own.