Deep Fried Coke

DipsyDo

Ever heard of deep fried coke? Me either. I stumbled across it while looking for deep fried twinkies. Both are very healthy of course! :rolleyes: Here is the recipe along with references to other deep fried items you wouldn't dream of making.

ber4

That sounds absolutely disgusting! Why would I want to put flour on my pop and then fry it. Now I have heard everything! I like to drink Coke, not fry it. Thanks though, makes an interesting topic.

BBQueen

They will deep fry just about anything won't they? I am with ber on this one though, I like my Coke liquid and ice cold. I have heard so many silly things that they deep fry like butter and pickles. Why can't they just leave a good thing alone?

Charcoal

This is one recipe that I won't try because I won't definitely eat it. :) I have never been a Coke drinker, to start with, so I can't imagine myself 'eating' Coke.

Juliette

There are enough bad things for me to eat that I actually love without my having to add something like this that doesn't even sound good. I think people like to see how outrageous they can be. I mean, who would willingly eat worms?

TopChef

They will deep fry just about anything won't they? I am with ber on this one though, I like my Coke liquid and ice cold. I have heard so many silly things that they deep fry like butter and pickles. Why can't they just leave a good thing alone?
Look, now. Let's not be rash. Deep fried pickles are mouthwateringly delicious. They are a respected Southern tradition. You eat them hot, with ranch dressing for dipping. I can eat nearly a whole basket if I must.

Hilt

The only way I like my Coke is when it is being buddies with his good pal Jack. Sorry it is not something I could try doing, I hate just about anything fried and adding soda just sounds like a bad idea to my stomach.

Hey Hilt, I know them too! They are very good friends of my next door neighbor though. He sees them every day, and every morning, and every afternoon....well, you get the picture. :D I do love deep friend ice cream though. We have it at the local Mexican restaurant for our birthdays. It's so sugary, I will only eat it a couple of times a year though.

Wow, they really are deep frying everything! I recently stumbled across someone that had tried to deep fry beer, that one got my husband's attention! I think I will stick with my coke not deep fried, ice cold and in a can.

Briquet

I don't think I'd like deep-fried Coke. Now deep-fried pickles sound pretty good! I've never had them but wouldn't mind trying them.

Bobbyboberry, deep fried ice cream is awesome. I can't go to a Mexican restaurant without having some.

grillqueen79

Deep fried pickles are amazing and right on up there with fried green tomatoes which are also awesome with ranch dressing. I love Coke especially when he is hanging out with Jack, but I don't know about frying it.

Whitewolf2578

Sounds pretty good, and I bet it really does taste good on ice cream. That is what it was intended for based on the pictures. I don't think I would ever use it for anything else though, but I might just use it on fried chicken because if you don't experiment with foods then you will never be a good cook.

Now I have heard everything! I just do not think deep fried coke would be up my alley. But I am a huge fan of deep fried pickles and green tomatoes.

jneanz

Haven't eaten a Twinkie since I was 12. I see people on the Food and Travel channels frying old school snack cakes and candy but I'm not that brave. The county carnival is in town and I would try them just to say I had a deep fried bacon jalapeno corn dog but sometimes I get nauseous due to my meds.

Honestly, I like Coke with Bacardi rum. Cherry Vanilla Coke with Vanilla Stoli (vodka) is a true treat...mmmm, so smooth and sweet.

Selah

I have never had deep fried Coke, but I like to drink it so I would try it at least once to say that I had. I am not really a big fan of fried foods these days though.

Tarin

I have to admit that when I read the title I thought it sounded disgusting. But, out of curiosity, I just had to click on the link. It looks like it might be pretty yummy. I am not a Coke drinker, but the flavor is alright. Like someone said, it would probably be a good ice cream topic.