Creamy Garlic & Onion Spaghetti

B

Briquet

Rather than make our usual marinara spaghetti, we opted for this creamy garlic and onion spaghetti recipe. It turned out very good, but boy, there is a lot of garlic. We noticed it at first, of course, but then it just kept coming on stronger. Even brushing our teeth didn't help much! :D

K

Kenzie

This sounds like a very rich sauce and that is a lot of garlic. If you use it again, why don't you cut the garlic in half. 4 cloves instead of 8 should be plenty unless you all are garlic lovers. Just don't breathe on anyone for a day or two. :D

B

Briquet

Yes we may have to cut the garlic, although we do love it a lot. Later that night, we kept breathing on each other just to be obnoxious. It was fun. :p

T

TopChef

That recipe looks divine! Probably not something I would make often, though. I love any kind of new way to do pasta. I love a lot of garlic, but that may be too much even for me for a pasta dish.

R

Renee

I've read somewhere that chewing parsley leaves kills the smell of garlic. Haven't tried it, but apparently it's what people did before the invention of toothpaste :)

And that spaghetti sauce looks fantastic! I love creamy sauces. Although man, it sounds deliciously heavy... I'd probably use Greek yoghurt instead of that cream.

B

BBQueen

Well at least you both had stinky breath! I love garlic too, but 8 cloves does sound like an awful lot. I will have to give this recipe a try though, because we eat a lot of pasta and new things are always nice.

G

GrillQueen

That sounds really good. I love pasta but everyone around here gets sick of plain, old spaghetti all the time. I might have to give this one a try, but I will cut the garlic in half. I can see it now, if I don't the kids will be running around trying to gross everyone out over who has the worst breath!

C

Charcoal

That sounds good. I love pasta and enjoy trying out new pasta recipes. For this recipe, I guess I will cut the garlic in half, too. I am not a garlic fan, but I do love onions.

O

ohiotom76

That sounds delicious, and it's not much different from how my mom makes spaghetti. She simmers a ton of fresh minced garlic in olive oil and butter than adds the pasta and tosses it with black pepper and cheese.

The onions would be great as well, though I would probably avoid getting any color on them since they may overpower the dish.

The inclusion of sugar sounded rather interesting, but I'm assuming that was to compliment the onions.

Did the acid in the wine cause any problems with the cream, such as making it curdle?

S

sthrnfriedchick

This sounds really decadent and I am definitely going to be giving it a try. I like garlic, but I may cut the amount back by a few cloves. I wouldn't want it to be overkill.

G

grillmaster

Eight cloves of garlic?! Wow. If I tried this recipe I would probably have to cut that down to just two or four cloves. I like garlic but I don't want to keep smelling like it after I'm done eating!

H

hype88

I am Italian and one thing I love doing is just experimenting on different sauces and adding or slightly modifying ingredients constantly. I make a sauce somewhat familiar to this and I will say a very simple thing to add to this and take it to another level is asparagus and fresh mushrooms!

O

oportosanto

When you put together two of my favorite things, the result has to be something excellent!