Craving banana splits!

grillmaster

I've been craving banana splits lately, although I don't know why. When we went grocery shopping yesterday, I decided to buy everything we'd need for them. We put Neapolitan ice cream in ours, along with bananas, canned/drained pineapple, nuts, whipped cream (not Cool Whip but the kind in the can) and finally chocolate, strawberry, and caramel syrup. Talk about a treat!

How do you make your banana splits?

Charred

I can't remember the last time I ate a banana split! I'll bet it's been at least five years if not ten. I always made mine more simply than that; I just used vanilla ice cream, a banana, some chocolate syrup, and some whipped cream.

mollie

Seriously? I am now craving a banana split too. I wish I had ice cream here. I have not had ice cream or a snack in over a month. I do have bananas so that might have to do tonight. I see myself running to the store tomorrow.

HaroldM

I haven't eaten a banana split in ages, I think the last time was when I was a teenager. I use to love those things and they'd take me forever to eat. We had an ice cream parlor down the street from us when I was a kid and they made all those wonderful desserts. My favorite was a rootbeer float.

iHeartBBQ

I used to love banana splits! I can't remember the last time I had one, though. I always said I'd eventually get around to buying the banana boats to really do it up right, but I never have. We've moved away from eating dessert every night so I don't have anything in the house to make a banana split with.

driarch

Yum! I wish we had a local ice cream parlor close by (that was still open). They all closed last weekend. It has been a while since I have had a banana split. I love strawberry and chocolate sauce on mine.

Burg14

I love banana splits too. I like Mexican sundaes too. My favorite part of the banana split is the whipped cream and bananas. I like a little of ice cream and sauce.

JJLane

What is a Mexican sundae Burg14? I don't think I've ever had one or heard of it.

I'm not a banana fan so I've never eaten a banana split. I like the ice cream and different syrup part thought, so I may just try that.

Ellyn

Bananas and ice cream are my favorite combination, although I'm not much for sprinkles or nuts or fruits or marshmallows or whipped cream. Wafers are fine. Caramel syrup and chocolate fudge, maybe for some ice cream flavors.