Crab Cakes

Discussion in 'Recipe Help & Wanted' started by Cole, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Cole

Cole Member

I have a huge love for crab cakes. The fresher, the better! At any rate, does anyone have any suggestions for crab cakes? Have you ever grilled them, were they any good? I'm also looking for any side platter ideas that deviate from the norm as well.
  2. DipsyDo

DipsyDo Member

I love a good crab cake but I only get them in a restaurant. I've had homemade ones too and they are out of this world. As far as grilling them I don't know how that would work. It may dry them out which would be a shame at the price of crab.
  3. skreef

skreef New Member

We grill crab bombs a good bit. ...they are very good..give it a try
  4. Hilt

Hilt Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I hated them for some reason but now as an adult I adore them. I would still rather crack open the crab myself but it is a good second place for my favorite seafood.
  5. skittleblade

skittleblade New Member

I love crab cakes, too. A few months ago my son made us up a batch (though we use imitation crab). He layered a tomato slice on top, placed a poached egg on top of that, and spooned hollandaise sauce on top. It was divine!
    L_B likes this.
  6. L_B

L_B Active Member

Wow skittleblade that sounds really good. I love crab cakes but I have never had them that way before.
  7. Cappy

Cappy Active Member

We make sorta like a crab cake stuffing but wetter then put it back in the crab shell and do stuffed crabs on the pit that way. They are a real family pleaser and the smokey flavor and cajun spices make them a real treat.
  8. L_B

L_B Active Member

That sounds awesome Cappy. I never had them that way before. I can't wait to give them a try. What all do you put in your stuffing?
  9. hype88

hype88 New Member

Yeah, that sounds awesome cabby! I will have to def. try that sometime soon. I have never had crab on the grill but I could see this working without drying it out.
  10. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

I think crab cakes are one of the most delicious thing I've tasted!