Corn Dogs

Jessi

I used to think corn dogs were one of the most disgusting foods ever. They would serve them in school pretty much every week and I just couldn't stomach them.

Then I grew up and realized that there are alternatives to nasty cafeteria versions. I have actually enjoyed corn dogs outside of that and have made them myself homemade with spectacular results instead.

rayne

Loved the video. I keep a box of corn dogs in my freezer at all times. You never know when a hungry grandchild will show up and need a snack. I have one with them every now and then.

R. Paradon

@ Jessie! I think all school cafeteria have the basic chewy soggy corn dog recipes. And on special days the amazing pizza on bread thingy! More ouches to my tongue!

@ rayne! Happy you enjoyed the vid. I consider myself a good cook - not chef - but cook and sometimes these type videos make it possible to create new dishes using their ideas!

Burg14

Fun video! I still won't eat a corn dog though! I am super picky with hot dogs and what goes in my mouth. I will never put a corn dog in there! To me it's just nasty processed food.

Awesome video! But the only corndog that I find tolerable to eat is the one that they sell at Muscle Beach! I love to dip in mustard and ketchup!

Jessi

@ Jessie! I think all school cafeteria have the basic chewy soggy corn dog recipes. And on special days the amazing pizza on bread thingy! More ouches to my tongue!/quote]

You had the pizza on 'bread thingys'? Mine only ever tasted like it was on cardboard instead! ;)

Hilt

I am the complete opposite here, I can fancy up a hotdog in a ton of ways but the only time you will see me near corn dog unless I am making it for the husband or the kids. For some reason it is not as good as a nice warm toasted bun to me.

LoveToGrill

We eat corn dogs all the time now. But I have to say I never ate one until way into my adult years! Just didn't realize that they were so good. Now If I could just make one from scratch. :)

rollybooz

Corn dogs are one of my greatest weaknesses and probably one of my favourite comfort foods! They are not exactly healthy because of the amount of fats and oil involved, but an occasional one would definitely make my day! I have this snack bar near my house that looks rather shabby on the outside, but serves a mean corn dog that is bursting with flavour! Their corn dogs have this rich aroma to it and till now, I still cannot pinpoint what the shop does exactly to make them turn out this way. Corn dogs at fairs usually taste inferior because it is simple flour and hot dogs deep fried, but I am sure certain seasonings are added to the batter at this particular place. I think I should grab one on the way home tomorrow!

BBQueen

I don't care what they wrap a hot dog in, it isn't going inside of my body. Corn dogs are no exception. Give me a corn muffin and I will scarf it down, but there is no disgusting hot dog needed.

R. Paradon

Corn dogs are one of my greatest weaknesses and probably one of my favourite comfort foods! They are not exactly healthy because of the amount of fats and oil involved, but an occasional one would definitely make my day! I have this snack bar near my house that looks rather shabby on the outside, but serves a mean corn dog that is bursting with flavour! Their corn dogs have this rich aroma to it and till now, I still cannot pinpoint what the shop does exactly to make them turn out this way. Corn dogs at fairs usually taste inferior because it is simple flour and hot dogs deep fried, but I am sure certain seasonings are added to the batter at this particular place. I think I should grab one on the way home tomorrow!
For snack foods and other fun foods, I would always head for a shabby looking place. Two reasons...one is that the price is usually cheaper and the second is that if they have been in existence for a long time out of a shack their food is great! When I was a kid there was a bar-b-que shack in Burbank California. They had the real wood pit and the food was great. There was always a line. sometimes they would hang a "gone fishing" sign on the door and would be gone for a day or two but as soon as they came back they had a line of customers waiting!