Cold Smoke With A Timberline 1300

Discussion in 'BBQ Pit Mods' started by BeardedCocaire, Mar 12, 2018.

1. BeardedCocaire

BeardedCocaire New Member

Been wanting to do some cold smoking but The lowest Temp setting on a timberline is 125 (roughly). I know with other models they make a cold smoke box attachment but I havn't seen or came across anything for a timberline. Anyone have any ideas or am I just S.O.L. :(
  2. tiewunon

tiewunon Active Member

Not a pellethead myself, though I smoke quite a bit of meat on my stik burner and kamados. My neighbor is a pellethead and he has a Blaz'n grandslam. He added a "Smoke Chief" cold smoke generator to his rig think it set him back $180. His results have been pretty good. He has cold smoked multiple things and has really made some killer cheese.
    Don't think you can/could futz with the PID controller to get temps to actually cold smoke on your Trager.
  3. BeardedCocaire

BeardedCocaire New Member

you sir are a life saver! Thank you!
  4. tiewunon

tiewunon Active Member

Finally able to speak with neighbor about the Smoke Chief smoke generator. It set him back $135. He loves it.
    He did tell me that when he bought his Blaz'n they gave him a pick of of options an insulated hood which he chose and a couple of others. One being the Blaz'n smoker box which he said was about $50. So that maybe an option for you also.