Coffee rubbed blueberry thyme pork chops

J

Jessi

On the Ranch Coffee-Rubbed Blueberry Thyme Pork Chops

2 tablespoons ground coffee beans (preferably a dark roast)
2 teaspoons thyme leaves
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
4 boneless pork loin chops, cut about 3/4 inch thick
3/4 cup blueberry preserves
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

In a small bowl, combine coffee, thyme, cocoa powder, coriander, and salt. Place pork chops on a work surface. Rub coffee mixture on both sides of pork chops. Transfer to a plate; cover until ready to grill.
In a medium bowl, stir together blueberry preserves, hoisin sauce, and red pepper. Reserve half of blueberry glaze for spooning over chops when serving.
Prepare a medium-high gas or charcoal grill. Grill chops until slightly pink in center (160 F), about 11-14 minutes. During last minutes of grilling, brush blueberry glaze over both sides of chops.
To serve, spoon reserved blueberry glaze over chops. Top with chives; serve with Bush’s Grillin Beans Sweet Mesquite.

Wow. I never would've put blueberries, coffee, and thyme all with pork, but hey, it could be really good, right?

D

dissn_it

I never would have thought of that combination either. I think I would keep all of the berry sauce off to the side instead of using half of it as a grilling sauce. It might make quite a sticky mess on the grill. It sounds like it would make a very unique pork chop!

J

Jessi

It might make quite a sticky mess on the grill.
Ew, yeah, you're right. This would definitely be a case of needing to put aluminum foil over everything so it could just be peeled off and tossed in the trash later. Otherwise...I'd hate to be the one to have to do the cleanup after.

D

dissn_it

Been there and done that! We tried a cherry based sauce with pork once before. It made such a mess that I tend to avoid using fruit based sauces directly on the grill now. They taste really, really good but the mess is simply awful.

M

Mrs. Pirz

This actually sounds like it would compliment the pork very well. I have had coffee rubbed pork but with the blueberry I can see where the sweet and tart would really set a good flavor.

B

beckyv1265

That sounds good. I will try that. I have tried cranberry before but never blueberries.

S

SarahLizzie

Have you tried this before? How does it turn out. The combination actually worries me, but I am curious enough to try it.

W

Waynefire

You had me at coffee and pork chops. I did not have to read anything more then the title to know I would instantly love this recipe!

B

Bethie

This is so delicious!! We don’t put the blueberry sauce on the side.