Chilorio

S

shaun

Chilorio is a spicy Mexican pork dish. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you like Mexican food.

Braise pork in stock, orange juice and lime juice. The pork should fall apart like pulled pork.

Cook onion in fat (use the fat from the pork) until brown. Add the onions to a blender with soaked ancho chilli, 4 garlic cloves, cider vinegar, dried oregano and a teaspoon of cumin. Puree the ingredients using some of the chilli soaking liquid.

Heat some more lard and fry the pulled pork, add the sauce to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until thick.

O

ohiotom76

This sounds really good, and very similar to Carnitas. I think Carnitas just doesn't come with the chilli sauce you described above. I could just eat a big bowl of this, with a side of mexican rice. The times I've had it, the meat was cut into big chunks, which was also really good.

S

shaun

It is similar to carnitas. I like to use sliced oranges when cooking carnitas and carnitas needs more fat.

You could also marinade the pork overnight in the orange juice mixture with some aromatics and then cook the pork on the grill. Grilling the pork would enhance the smoky flavors.