This another new recipe that we had this week and it was a big hit. I love one pan meals and this one is pretty quick and easy to make .
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about two fresh cloves)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 8 oz dry pasta (any small pasta will do)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar-Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, for garnish
- Add olive oil to a 4-5 quart saute pan over medium high heat. Add onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow cheese to melt. Top with sliced scallions and serve.
- Makes about 4 servings.