Charbroil LP Orifices

Brent

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the correct place.
I recently bought a Charbroil Commercial Series grill for on Craigslist, but the owner had converted it to natural gas and no longer had the orifices for converting it back to LP. Sadly Char-broil doesn't sell just the orifices, so I want to have them drilled.

Does anyone know the thread diameter or other information about the orifices for this grill?

I know that once you remove the LP orifices, no replacement orifices are needed to convert to Natural gas, so I don't have any orifices to measure.
I calculated 10,000 BTUs per burner so I think I would need a #62 size hole for the orifice size. Does anyone know if this is correct? Also does it need to be adjusted since these grills already have an orifice for the NG built in?

Thank you so much in advance for any help with this.

Model : 463247310
BTU : 40,000

tiewunon

Brent,

Just looked at Johnstones orifice chart and a #62 reads 10.1k btu and a #63 reads 9.5 k btu. Your selection should be fine.

I see why you are looking for the thread diameter. I looked at a couple of grill parts sites that carry orifices to fit Charbroil products. The thread style and shape of the orifices ranged from the traditioal spud looking offerings, to cone shaped, to ones like my AOG grill has that resemble an acorn nut..
I'm presently scurrying around getting ready for a visit from Joaquin. A way you may find out exactly what you need is to find a propane dealer in your area that sells grills. Take the manifold into to them let them fit the blank and drill it for you or then just buy the blank and drill it yourself.

Brent

Thanks for the reply. I will look and see if there are any propane dealers in the area that can help me out. Thats a great idea. I measured the female connector where the orifice goes and found the thread diameter to be 5.81 mm. Hopefully that information will be able to help them find the part i need.