Caribbean BBQ

O

Orator

Hi I am new to the forum and I love cooking especially barbecuing. I am from the Caribbean and we have a unique style of preparing barbecued meals. Below is one of my recipes for preparing a delicious side dish - BBQ wings.

I recommend serving the wings with coleslaw and fries.

Ingredients:

1) 10 Chicken Wings
2) Barbecue Sauce (Your choice I prefer a sweet BBQ Hickory sauce)
3) Bajan (Barbadian) Seasoning (Can be bought online)

Step by Step Preparation

1) Preheat the grill (Medium Heat). Cut a small slit (about 3 cm) into a meaty section of the chicken wing.

2) Fill the slit (opening) with Bajan seasoning. Rub some of the seasoning over wings.

3) A very light coating of Bajan Seasoning is all that is required.

4) Place the wings on the grill and coat with BBQ sauce.

5) Turn after 15 minutes and paste more BBQ sauce on the other side of the chicken wings.

6) Grill for a total time of approximately 30 minutes or until ready (brown colour - no pink) (approximately 165 degrees Fahrenheit) .

Enjoy your Caribbean style chicken wings!

Last edited by a moderator:
L

L_B

Hi Orator and welcome to the group. Those wings sounds really good. Wings are my favorite thing to BBQ. I have never heard of Bajan seasoning before. I will have to look in up online and see if I can get some. I would love to try these wings. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum! :)

O

Orator

Thanks for your reply. Happy to be a member of this fantastic forum.

Reactions: L_B
O

oportosanto

Thanks for sharing this and welcome to the forum! Barbecue and the Caribbean, you are putting two of my favorite things together... :)

L

L_B

Thanks for sharing this. Its is always nice to have no ideas and no things to try. We do a lot camping so we do a lot fo grilling and we try to do new things rather then have the same thing week after week. I will have to check the Bajan out and see if I can get some! I love wings. They are a favorite in our family.

O

oportosanto

Exactly, especially when we do camping this is something great to know.