Campfire doughnut treats

K

Kateri

Has anyone every tried to make these before? My family likes to have a sweet treat once in awhile while we are camping and these seem easy enough to make. All you need is a package of refrigerated biscuits, some oil for frying, and cinnamon and sugar. I bet these would make a tasty breakfast for dunking in my coffee. What are some sweet treats that you make over the campfire?

B

Briquet

That sounds good. As for us, we are boring and stick with making s'mores. I love s'mores though; they are so tasty.

I bet you could make some good cornbread or a skillet brownie with a small cast iron skillet over the fire.

R

rayne

I'll stick with the grilled fruit. Pineapple and peaches are my two most favorites. You could cut fruit up in containers and pack them in a cooler to take with you. Your skewers could be debarked branches. Sounds interesting doesn't it?

C

Cole

This sounds absolutely delicious! I have always had a love for doughnuts, so this is right up my alley. Fruit over an open fire is quite good as well, although it was mentioned previously.

L

L_B

I'll stick with the grilled fruit. Pineapple and peaches are my two most favorites. You could cut fruit up in containers and pack them in a cooler to take with you. Your skewers could be debarked branches. Sounds interesting doesn't it?
This is definitely something I am going to try next camping season. I have never had grilled fruit before but I see it quite often on here so now I am intrigued. I love fruit of any kind and I always pack some for our camping trip but we usually just eat it like that.

O

oportosanto

When you mix campfire and doughnut treats I feel I am in heaven. :)