Grilled Campfire Bundles

D

Diane Lane

I don't have a grill with a cover right now, but if i did, I would definitely try making these. I like the idea of making the bundles in foil, for easy cooking, as well as easy clean up. These do sound as if they'd work well during camping, which is when she started making them. I know we've discussed grilling in packets elsewhere on this forum, but I don't think we've covered this type of mixed meat and vegetable recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/campfire-bundles?trkid=zfb715

tiewunon

That looks very good.
If you are interested in camping recipes and other recipes like in your link check out www.familycampingchat.com

Not sure how much longer the site will be up. Our beloved leader Deb aka "olblue" passed recently. That RV forum is 1 of 2 I moderate on and has the friendliest folks on the planet that post. Deb authored many of the recipes and published them in her cookbook.

D

Diane Lane

Thanks @tiewunon , that's a shame, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It looks like a great place to visit and pick up lots of helpful information about camping, RVing, etc. I don't go camping much, but am hoping to get at least a chimnea at some point, if not a larger firepot that could be cooked in/on. If I had money, I'd have an RV, and I enjoy seeing pics of the ones people have, and hearing about them. Maybe someone else will pick up the mantel and carry the site going forward.

G

grillin_n_chillin

I don't have a grill with a cover right now, but if i did, I would definitely try making these. I like the idea of making the bundles in foil, for easy cooking, as well as easy clean up. These do sound as if they'd work well during camping, which is when she started making them. I know we've discussed grilling in packets elsewhere on this forum, but I don't think we've covered this type of mixed meat and vegetable recipe. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/campfire-bundles?trkid=zfb715
My mother-in-law makes campfire specials that are very close to this recipe. Her recipe calls for hamburger patties as the beef, along with potatoes, carrots, green peppers, and onions. They always come out REALLY good!

L

L_B

I make something similar to this when we go camping. I change up the meat and veggies but it is so good and it makes things easy when it is all in one package. It is easy to make and so good to eat. I have even done them up on the campfire too..