Burger ideas

K

Kateri

I would like to do something different with burgers on the grill for some company I am having over this weekend. I usually just get some seasoning from the store and throw that on some hamburger meat, but it's getting pretty boring. I found a recipe for Buffalo Burgers that uses Blue Cheese dressing, hot sauce, celery, parsley, pickles, onions, and coleslaw that I think everyone will like. What other types of burgers could I make?

tiewunon

Vary up your mix of the ground meat. Maybe a little bit of pork, chicken,veal or such added. To give it a bit of punch maybe a couple of Wickels or Famous Dave's spicy pickles and myself I'd grill the onions.

B

Briquet

Personally I really love burgers with sauteed mushrooms on top. Perhaps you could make a mushroom swiss burger option for your guests. I also recommend grilling the onions.

G

grillin_n_chillin

Have you ever thought about experimenting with a homemade sauce? It took us a while to perfect ours but now that we have, everyone raves over our burgers.

S

smokinhog

We use a combination of A-1 and BBQ sauce to baste on the burgers before grilling. The flavor is out of this world. Many times we just do hamburger steaks, salad and baked potato.

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
This may be a bit late but if you can have your butcher or if you have a grinder do brisket, chuck, and short ribs with a larger grind. That is a really good mixture for burgers.

G

grillin_n_chillin

I watch Good Eats with Alton Brown and he actually does what Jason recommended--having a butcher grind a mixture of meats instead of buying pre-ground meat. If we could do that here I definitely would.

J

joshposh

Try this recipe if you plan to make your own burger patties. Grind up a batch of 2 parts of bread, 1 part of hamburger meat, a splash of plain yogart, and some boursin cheese. That should be something different for your party. If you haven't had boursin cheese yet, you should try some immediately. It is sour cream and onion cheese. It is the best cheese you can get.

S

smokinhog

Never heard of that cheese Josh but I sure will be on the lookout for it. Your mixture sounds really good. I use bread crumbs or cracker crumbs in mine sometimes too. Depends on how many I'm feeding. :)