Black Pot Stew

R

rayne

Several years ago for Thanksgiving, my family made Frogmore Stew outside in a cast iron pot. The pot was on a tripod and fueled by a propane tank. We had lots of fun doing this and the stew was wonderful. Anyone else cooked outside like this?

R

rayne

Oh my Cappy. You have out done me. My pot wasn't nearly that big. What you got in that pot? It sure does look good!

R

Red Boots

Wow! That is one amazing pot of stew! I've never tried doing this before, but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. What kind of rice did you use, Cappy?

Cappy

In a big pot like shown I use long grain rice it holds up to the weight better
in a small pot I prefer short grain.

J

joshposh

@Cappy .... That is a huge pot. I love it. Reminds me home. We would cook in those big portions when we were cooking for a big party of a fundraiser. Thanks for sharing.

C

Canbeef

There's enough food in that pot to feed the whole church! I don't think I've ever cooked in such a big batch. We have a reunion coming up in July and I'm thinking I should pick up one of those huge pots. Is that cast iron Cappy?

L

L_B

Oh my gosh that looks so good. That is one big pot. When I was younger my dad use to go stuff like that on the beach. The pot wasn't near that big though. It was always so good.