Black Pot Stew

rayne

Several years ago for Thanksgiving, my family made Frogmore Stew outside in a cast iron pot. The pot was on a tripod and fueled by a propane tank. We had lots of fun doing this and the stew was wonderful. Anyone else cooked outside like this?

rayne

Oh my Cappy. You have out done me. My pot wasn't nearly that big. What you got in that pot? It sure does look good!

Red Boots

Wow! That is one amazing pot of stew! I've never tried doing this before, but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. What kind of rice did you use, Cappy?

Cappy

In a big pot like shown I use long grain rice it holds up to the weight better
in a small pot I prefer short grain.

joshposh

@Cappy .... That is a huge pot. I love it. Reminds me home. We would cook in those big portions when we were cooking for a big party of a fundraiser. Thanks for sharing.

Canbeef

There's enough food in that pot to feed the whole church! I don't think I've ever cooked in such a big batch. We have a reunion coming up in July and I'm thinking I should pick up one of those huge pots. Is that cast iron Cappy?

L_B

Oh my gosh that looks so good. That is one big pot. When I was younger my dad use to go stuff like that on the beach. The pot wasn't near that big though. It was always so good.