Birthday cookware set

G

grillin_n_chillin

My hubby asked me what I want for my upcoming birthday; I told him new cookware (pots and pans). He agreed to buy me the set of my choice but now I don't know what to pick! What would you guys recommend in terms of brand?

D

Diane Lane

I have a few different brands, but mainly Calphalon. I've had it since the 90s, and it's served me well, and is still going strong. I also have a few Cuisinart pans of different sizes that I use interchangeably, as well as a large wok, but I can't remember what brand the wok is. Happy Birthday!

G

grillin_n_chillin

Thanks, Diane! I'm not familiar with Calphalon but I do know Cuisinart. My worn-out-and-needing-to-be-replaced pans are T-Fal but I don't think I'll go with those again. I'll look into the brands you suggested.

C

cawfee

I like the idea. When it comes to a birthday or holiday gift I only want things I can actually use and need. I don't want stuff that will just sit around the house collecting dust.

D

Diane Lane

Thanks, Diane! I'm not familiar with Calphalon but I do know Cuisinart. My worn-out-and-needing-to-be-replaced pans are T-Fal but I don't think I'll go with those again. I'll look into the brands you suggested.
You're welcome! I've had a few T-Fal pans, and they serve their purpose, but don't seem to be as durable as the Calphalon and Cuisinart. Sometimes the T-Fal pans are lighter weight, though, so I tend to keep one or two on hand for the days when I need something lighter weight, or are cooking something quick and don't need a heavier duty pan.