• 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or as needed
Directions

1. Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
  2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. Mash black beans in a large bowl with a fork until thick and pasty; set aside.
  3. Place the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and chop finely. Stir the bell pepper mixture into the mashed black beans. Place the brown rice and mozzarella cheese in the food processor, and process until combined. Stir the mixture into the black beans.
  4. Whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and hot sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the black bean mixture. Stir in the bread crumbs, adding additional bread crumbs as needed until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide into 6 large patties.
  5. Place patties onto the prepared foil, and grill until browned and heated through, about 8 minutes per side.

D

dissn_it

My daughter is a vegetarian and would really like these. I'll pass this along to her and keep a copy for us, too. We do grill for vegetarians quite often now. We usually just have what they are having and I have to say, the food tastes pretty awesome!
Thanks for the share.

J

jovan107

This recipe sounds delicious. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, but from time to time I enjoy meatless dishes.

R

R. Paradon

I am also not a vegetarian but his seems like a nice recipe. When I was living in the USA there were many places to get one but here in Thailand it would be like going to a supermarket like Safeway and finding "fermented Issan sausage!"

About how many burgers will your recipe make?

I

IsabelleChan

I'm looking for some nutritious and healthy meals to cook these days and you have just suggested something for me to try! I'm not really a vegetarian, but this dish looks really yummy and what's can be better than eating healthy once or twice a week? ;) Also, it'd probably look really nice.

Anybody would have mistook this as a normal burger.

S

shaun

This is an interesting veggie burger recipe. I've never seen brown rice or mozzarella used before. I make my veggie burgers with cooked mashed sweet potato and parmesan cheese. The sweet potato bind the other ingredients together and adds a nice sweetness to the burger.