Beef enchilada dip

grillqueen79

I found this recipe for beef enchilada dip a few days ago and it is already a huge favorite at our house. If you have any Mexican lovers at your house it is sure to be a hit.

Ingredients
  • 1½ – 2 pounds ground beef
  • ½ medium onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups enchilada sauce
  • 2 cups grated Monterrey Jack or cheddar cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Tortilla Chips
Instructions
  1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain. Add in onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in enchilada sauce and top with grated cheese. Cover and allow cheese to melt, about 3 more minutes.
  2. Top with sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.

BarbiQ

I should never read this forum when I am hungry! That sounds really good. Did you use the green or red enchilada sauce? I prefer the green, but with this recipe I think both would be equally tasty.

I bet it would be really good to spread the dip over some tortilla chips, throw on some cheese, and put it under the broiler for a few minutes for nachos! Yummy!

TopChef

I didn't know what to expect when I saw the title of your post. But reading the ingredients list, that sounds so yummy. I think this would be a home run at my house.

grillqueen79

Barbi I used the red enchilada sauce, and I think next time I am going to try and make the enchilada sauce from scratch next time. That way I can cut some of the sodium down.