Barbecue For 50 People!

Discussion in 'BBQ Discussion' started by Nanatracyann, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Nanatracyann

Nanatracyann Member

My girlfriend is graduating from college and she is planning a barbecue for 50 people! Okay, so here is what I would like to share with you and here is what she plans on having to be prepared for this fun barbecue: And the count and amount of food is a little more just in case some show up that did not send the reply back!
    *17 1/7 pounds of fresh ground beef for hamburgers from a local meat market.
    * 70 buns (for 4-ounce burgers).
    * 10 pounds of hot dogs
    * 100 hot dog buns
    * 2 gallons of Bush's Baked Beans
    * 6 quarts of potato salad
    * 10 pounds of coleslaw
    And 1 keg of Bud Light!
    And many different kinds of cakes and jello's....
  2. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. Rogers Member

WOW! That is going to be a lot of hard work, and very expensive! But, with all that work, seeing people enjoying the food and enjoying the fun time will be so worth it!
  3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzie Member

Grilling for large numbers of people is so much fun! The only thing I do not like about it is the cost lol. I hope some one else is taking over the cakes and jellos for you. Have fun at the BBQ! I hope you enjoy the experience of cooking for so many people!! It can be difficult, yet at blast at the same time.
  4. btatro

btatro Member

People certainly will not be afraid to eat! Always better to have a bit more food than to run short and have people feel as though they can not have as much as they would like. Good luck with everything!
  5. Pat

Pat Member

That is a makings for a great party. It would be good for the hostess to have help from a few volunteers so that she can enjoy the party also. Don't forget the ketsup and mustard.
  6. bigal3

bigal3 Member

Wow, I really would like to come to one of your BBQ's. You really know how to put it together. Like another writer stated it is better to have more than is to run out half way through the event. Save me a hot dog and some potato salad.o.k? (just joking)
  7. Hilt

Hilt Well-Known Member

I would always rather have more and spend people home with an extra plate than never have enough. The last party we had at our house was about 40 people and it was a nightmare getting organized but once that was done the party went off without a hitch. Good luck!