Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

Diane Lane

Apparently I need to buy a crinkle cut knife. In the meantime, I'll just use a straight blade, since I want to try making these. I love french fries, but occasionally, I feel the need to switch it up and make something a little more healthy, so I went looking for an easy recipe for sweet potato fries. I do have a deep fryer, but don't use it that often, and would just as soon cook my french fries in the oven than fry them, unless it's a special occasion.

Here's the recipe I found, and it's from Paula Deen, so I'm sure it's tasty, and has been time tested, as well as looking as easy as pie to accomplish: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-sweet-potato-fries-recipe.html

Ingredients
Olive Oil, for tossing
5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips, using a crinkle cut knife
1 tablespoon House Seasoning (recipe follows)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Line a sheet tray with parchment. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with House Seasoning and paprika. Spread sweet potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, being sure not to overcrowd. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Per Serving (based on 3 servings): Calories: 273; Fat: 9.5g (Saturated Fat: 1g); Protein: 4g; Carbohydrates: 44g; Sugar: 9g; Fiber 7g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 1,670mg

For the House Seasoning:
Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, 2008

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-sweet-potato-fries-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Attachments

L_B

They sounds really good Diane. Whenever I get sweet potato fries at a restaurant they always serve them up with this hot, sweet, mayo kind of sauce. I have no idea what it is but it is so good. Do you have any idea what sauce they may be serving with sweet potato fries? Just curious because I can't seem to find it.

Diane Lane

They sounds really good Diane. Whenever I get sweet potato fries at a restaurant they always serve them up with this hot, sweet, mayo kind of sauce. I have no idea what it is but it is so good. Do you have any idea what sauce they may be serving with sweet potato fries? Just curious because I can't seem to find it.
That sounds really good. I hadn't considered the sauce ahead of time when I made mine, so just used ketchup, which was ok, but not exactly what I wanted. Here's one from The Pioneer Woman: Sprinkle generously with salt! Mix the mayonnaise with the ketchup (or Sriracha). Serve fries with the dipping sauce! Note: Sweet potatoes will not be overly crisp, but they should be firm...and, of course. Here's the link to her recipe for both the sauce and sweet potato fries. And, here's another link for a Maple Mustard Sauce recipe to accompany sweet potato fries!

L_B

The one with the mayo and the sriracha sauce maybe be what it is. That sounds about right for the flavor of the sauce that I have. Oh the Maple Mustard Sauce sounds wonderful. I love honey mustard so I know I would like that for sure. Thanks for the links. I appreciate that! ")