Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce

C

Charcoal

I had dinner at a friend's house last night, and she served baked salmon with tartar sauce. She drizzled the salmon fillets with olive oil and lemon juice and seasoned with salt and pepper then baked it in the oven. When the fish was done, she put it on a plate, coated the top with tartar sauce, and arranged some asparagus on the sides to complete the dish.

S

smokinhog

Wow, that sounds great. We usually grill our salmon and I'm always concerned that it will turn out too dry. Your friend's method would certainly assure that the salmon would turn out moist and flaky. I think I'll give this a try.

C

Charcoal

Wow, that sounds great. We usually grill our salmon and I'm always concerned that it will turn out too dry. Your friend's method would certainly assure that the salmon would turn out moist and flaky. I think I'll give this a try.
I think that wrapping the salmon in aluminum foil can also prevent the fish from drying out when baking or grilling it. It is because the moisture becomes trapped in the foil.

B

BBQueen

I grill and bake salmon all the time. The only reason that it will get dry is if you overcook it or cook it at too high of a temperature. It sounds kind of icky to me. I personally only like tartar sauce on white fish like cod,perch and walleye.

K

khartig

The seasoning part sounds right, but you lost me at the tartar sauce. That's one thing I will not put on salmon, only white fish. When I make salmon it's usually plank cooked on cedar. Salmon does work well foil wrapped and it does help keep it moist.