Baked Macaroni with Broccoli

F

FireBrick

We went to the birthday party of a family friend's son last weekend. The guests were served with sumptuous lunch. My favorite was the baked macaroni with broccoli. The broccoli was chopped into tiny pieces. I don't think it had any meat on it but it was superb.

C

Coffeeaddict

I'm a big pasta lover but I haven't tried broccoli on a baked mac. We're not big veggie eaters but if they're chopped in tiny pieces, I guess it won't taste too leafy but still, the nutrients are there! Thanks for sharing this! I'll try it on one of our weekend pasta :)

L

Laurasav

Hey, that sounds really good! I love macaroni & cheese but I don't make it often or order it out in restaurants much because of all the calories. However, now after reading your post, I have a desire to make some mac & cheese with broccoli! I bet it's sooo good!

O

ohiotom76

I make a quick (non baked) version of this just using heavy cream heated slowly with a bag of mexican blend shredded cheese (usually Sargento). Then toss in steamed broccoli. I've always had trouble with making baked mac and cheese, with the cheese separating and becoming greasy and curdled.

H

Hilt

I would try it, two of my favorites broc & cheese! I am not sure if I could get the kids to eat it but maybe if I chop them up tiny enough they wont notice. I am surprised at all the things I ate as a child that my kids battle me with now.

D

dissn_it

Add in some diced ham and I bet it would make a good all-in-one dish. Serve with some warm bread or rolls and it would be quite filling. I am so going to make this soon!