Bacon wrapped pineapple

BBQueen

In my family, bacon is the king of foods. This is a super easy appetizer that is a hit every time. It is the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Take a large chunk of pineapple (I use fresh) and wrap it with a half slice of bacon. use a toothpick to secure the bacon. Lay the wrapped pineapple on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 until the bacon is crispy and enjoy!

Charcoal

It does sound appetizing! I love sweet and salty combination, so I bet I will like this one. I think I came across a similar recipe before, and in that recipe, the bacon slices are dredged in brown sugar.

rayne

The problem at my house would be quantity. They all love bacon and pineapple and if I put these two together, they would be gone in no time. It does sound like a great dish to take to a luncheon though. Thanks for the idea!

sheepdad

Sounds perfect for the smoker. With a little rub on the bacon, this is a winner for sure. Thanks

Hilt

Our oven is a little flaky and I swear it is because of the electric setting. How can you make sure the pineapple will caramelize but not burn off? I had this issue with something a few weeks ago and I set it for the right temperature suggested and it still flaked on me.

BarbiQ

I think I would have to add a slice of jalapeno to that pineapple bacon wrap! I love hot, sweet, AND spicy. :p

Hilt, sounds like you may need to check your oven temperature. Do you have one of those oven thermometers?

sheepdad

I think I would have to add a slice of jalapeno to that pineapple bacon wrap! I love hot, sweet, AND spicy. :p

Hilt, sounds like you may need to check your oven temperature. Do you have one of those oven thermometers?
I'll second that jalapeno slice.

BarbiQ

Maybe we can even add a slice of onion too. That's how I like my pizza. Pineapple, bacon, jalapeno, and onion. It's a really good flavor combination. :)