jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
  • 2lbs pork tenderloin
  • 10 oz jar apricot preserves
  • 3 Tbsp vinegar
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
Season the pork loin with salt, pepper and garlic. Brown in dutch oven with small amount of oil until the outside is well browned. Mix preserves, vinegar and chicken broth & and pour over the top of the meat. Cover and cook using 16-19 coals with 1 to 2 ratio bottom/top for 1 to 1.5 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. You can add more liquid if needed.

S

shaun

Apricot and pork is a delicious combination. Jamie Oliver has a good pork and apricot recipe. You make a stuffing using lots of butter, dried apricots, pancetta, sage, and garlic, and stuff the pork. Your recipe is different but I'm sure it's nice too, thanks for sharing.

D

dissn_it

I love apricots but have never had them with pork tenderloin before. I am going to give both of your recipes a try. I like jason's because it uses a dutch oven and I am always looking for new ideas for mine. I like shaun's because it is a stuffed pork tenderloin and will make a nice dinner for a special occasion. Thanks for the ideas!

jason

Nec timeo, nec sperno
Staff member
Make them both and come back and let us know how they turn out. ;)

O

ohiotom76

I make something similar to this, but just simply take Apricot preserves and mix them with spicy brown mustard and a pinch of garlic powder. Salt and pepper the pork loin, then brush this mixture onto it and roast it in the oven till it reaches temperature.